Sunday, May 2, 2010

Lucky Ducky

I just returned home from spending some time over at the "main house". While Christian focused on the crazy Houston drivers, I thought about a Facebook post my younger older brother, Richard/Rich, wrote a picture I posted. Rich said he wished he could have been here to attend a concert with my dad, brother, sister and I. It reiterated how blessed Christian and I are to live close to my dad and his parents. Then I started thinking about how lucky I am to live close to my older sister, Mia, and first older brother, Jim. Even if Mia did ask me today what I was doing at the house.(I think she was trying to figure out if I came over to make her cook for me.) Christian doesn't have the same luxury as I do with his sisters. He can't just show up at their house. If he did, it might raise some red flags since it would take him at least a day to drive to either sister's house. Sure, he can Skype,Web cam,or even call them but it is not the same. How many people I wonder, take for granted their families live close by, because they have never lived further than maybe 4 hours away max? I could probably write an extremely long post about all of this, but I will just end with the picture that started all of this thinking.
**Yes, pregnancy hormones probably played a major role in this post. Please just let me think I am not hormonal.


Myself, Jim, Dad, Mia

No comments: